The purpose of this junior role within the IT team will be to help ensure accuracy of the organisation’s data by ensuring that our operating systems are running optimally and are accessible at all times.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring loads of stores data is successfully retrieved and conducting troubleshooting on any problems that may arise.
• Running of scheduled computer operations jobs to ensure databases are updated and potential errors are identified.
• Running of specialised jobs to ensure adequate volume of stock in stores.
• Ensuring that all stores are operating on the same platform at all times.
• Ensuring that store messages are created and sent to the FTP server.
• Running of stock and sales reports for foreign stores.
• Monitoring the backups to ensure that they have been backed up successfully.
• Monitoring of the environment to safeguard against potential hazards (overheating, fires, flooding etc.).
• Monitoring of the organisation’s servers to ensure they are running effectively at all times and alerting the relevant stakeholders where necessary.
• Grade 12
• IT qualification an advantage
• Own transport essential
• Basic to intermediate knowledge of computers and how they operate
• Computer Operations experience is advantageous
• Prepared to work Night Shifts (16:00 – 24:00/24:00 – 8:00), weekends and on public holidays
How to apply?
Click HERE to apply online