Operating Division : Transnet NPA
Position Title : Young Professional-in-Training
Employee Group : Trainee
Department : Bus Strategy
Location : Johannesburg
Reporting To : Manager - Enterprise Portfolio Mngnt
Grade Level : YPT
Reference Number : 10156378
Closing Date: 27.06.2018
To enable The Young Professional to be in a position to assist the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office(EPMO) Managers with the day-to day portfolio management to ensure effective capital and ad hoc projects delivery through utilization of best practice methodology
- To assist in the administration and co-ordination of the monthly and ad hoc TNPA strategic portfolio reporting
- Assist in the development and maintenance of efficient reporting tools(dashboard) for portfolio reporting
- Assist with data collection, data capturing and database management
- Assist in analyzing and interpreting economic and market information and research/analysis results;
- Assist in economic modelling related activities
- Assist in the development and management of a data repository of all collected/input data for all analysis/models, conduct data quality assurance and manipulation; ensure the integrity of data and approved data sources in line with international standards;
- Assist EPMO Manager to identify areas of improvement through liaison with Continuous Improvement team
Qualifications & Experience
- A National Diploma/ B Tech / BSc in Industrial Eng. Logistics or related field.
Mechanical or Operations Management qualification.
- No experience required
- Business and/or strategy understanding;
- Budgeting and business plan understanding
- Economics and/or Econometrics
- Computer skills (e.g. MS Office)
- Analytical skills;
- Presentation skills;
- Facilitation skills;
- Leadership Skills
This advert is open for application by external applicants.
Preference will be given to suitably qualified Applicants who are members of the designated groups in line with the Employment Equity Plan and Targets of the Organisation/Operating Division.
Applicants that are interested in applying for any of the advertised positions must apply by registering on the Careers section of the Transnet Internet. Please take care in completing all required details on the profile, and then apply for the position.
Alternative Application Methods: (Completed Curriculum Vitae to be submitted)
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that HR has received the application
before the closing date of the advertisement.
Note: if you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to